Wednesday, September 21, 2011

September? really?

Ok, So maybe "blogging" isn't my forte'.. lol  I'm working on it anyway

Been a long, HOT summer! Too hot to be outside doing the things that needed to be done. In that sense, I'm glad it's fall. Maybe I can get the windows/doors caulked before the winter comes blowing in. Lots of stuff to do outside... fence repair, staining the fence and lower deck, restaining the hottub. Slowly the home maintenance is getting caught up... wish I hadn't let it go the last 7 years - but I did get my bachelor's degree, so it was a fair trade.

Been working inside..the 'powder room' or 1/2 bath is almost remodeled; we're pulling up carpet to begin the new flooring install... things are moving right along. Hopefully, when the real estate market improves this house will be ready to hit the market!

In between all that, I'm quilting for charity and got a list of requests to follow up on! Loving doing that! and Reading... yes I'm still at it. I actually read and finished 20 books so far this year. (and none were textbooks) :D  Just started the Sue Grafton series that begins with "A is for Alibi".

And the biggest news so far: The Atkins lifestyle works for me! I've lost 20 pounds and I'm looking forward to losing the next 10!!

No comments:

Post a Comment